Acer AMD drivers unstable on E5-421G

nonuby
nonuby Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

The acer.com website supplied/recommended AMD driver on Windows 8.1 64bit is unstable. Catalyst control daemon will frequently crash. Is there any updates planned to a newer version? Or is this type of info all top secret like BIOS advanced menu? 

I tried latest RC June from AMD site which managed to recognize both integrated and discrete card (something the acer.com one also struggles with) but also unstable, I suspect because this should be acer.com supplied.

Given the limited distribution of E5-421G in western markets, whats the likelhood of regular acer driver updates? 

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

I looked through my resources and don't see information about instability issues with this driver. I do not know if we are working to qualify a new driver for this system. Drivers are posted to our website as they are released, so I recommend checking back periodically, or looking at AMDs driver site, which you are already doing. Have you tried recovering the system to factory defaults to see if improves Catalyst Control daemon stability?