Acer 8930G - Won't boot past Splash Screen

Rosco88
Rosco88 Member Posts: 6 New User
Afternoon All, I have an Acer 8930G, it's knocking on some years (approx 7ish) and this is the first problem I have had with it. When i turn it on, the normal Acer screen shows up and then where it would normally load to windows it just blacks out. There is still power as the all the lights are still working and there is a white-ish light which looks inside the base of the screen. I have looked around on the web and have tried the flashlight on the screen and also removing battery / power cable and holding down the power button for a minute and rebuilding and trying again, but to no avail. I am able to get onto the BIOS screen, and it did look like the boot device in position 1 was the BD drive, I moved this back to the hard drive but still the same.... Does anybody have any ideas on what could be wrong?? Many Thanks In Advance Ross

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

if you have some important data inside the HDD, i suggest you to create a bootable USB or CD media from Hiren's boot cd .iso

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

then boot from the burned media and choose mini-xp from the options, once in the desktop browse to your HDD and save your files to an USB pen or external HDD.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

What's your OS?

you can try to boot pressing F8 and enter safe mode, once on desktop go to control panel/device manager, right clic on display adapter, choose uninstall.

reboot normally

• Rosco88
    OS is Windows 7 I believe I may have tried the F8 to safe mode and it doesnt give me the menu... I will try again later though. Thanks for the reply!
  • IronFly

try shift+F8 too

• Rosco88
    Hi IronFly.

No luck unfortunately, have tried F8 & Alt+F8....

This is what happens....

http://youtu.be/GBNQZsLblAQ

Thanks
  • IronFly

Look worse than i expected.

Can you check on BIOS (press F2 at boot) if the HDD is listed on SATA devices?

• Rosco88

This is what I have.....

I have 2 hard drives installed on this laptop ( I think this was standard)

screen

• IronFly

you can try to force windows repair at boot, you need to force power off a few times, doing a long press on power button.

• Rosco88

I think that's what could have killed it off......

It popped up the other day as 'recommended' 

It attempted to do something for about 20 mins then said it could repair, so I cancelled.

Now this.....

Although tbf,  it has been completely locking out/freezing at the simplest of tasks recently.

I shall try to Force boot and get back to you.

Thanks again for the assistance on this.

Ross 

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

if you have some important data inside the HDD, i suggest you to create a bootable USB or CD media from Hiren's boot cd .iso

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

then boot from the burned media and choose mini-xp from the options, once in the desktop browse to your HDD and save your files to an USB pen or external HDD.

• Rosco88

Worked an absolute treat!!!

Had a lot of Work In Progress on there and didn't want to lose it!!!!

Words cannot express how grateful I am!!!

Many Thanks

Ross

• IronFly

You welcome Ross. Smiley Happy