Acer 5755

Pittfarm
Pittfarm Member Posts: 9 New User

My son gave me his old computer and left for college.  Meanwhile, I need to reload this slow computer and he has lost the media discs that the computer came with.  Does anyone know if I can obtain these again or download?  This is obviously out of warranty so I can't even as support.  Thanks!!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

You may try the below mentioned steps without using an recovery disc.

You can use Acer Recovery Management to reinstall your Operating System from a hidden partition built into your computer.

During the process, all data stored on your computer will be overwritten. This means all your files, such as email and photos, will be erased. Therefore, we recommend making a backup of all personal data before starting the recovery process..

Use the following steps to start the system recovery:

1. Restart the computer.
    2. When the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the left Alt, and the F10 keys.
    3. If you are prompted with a Microsoft Windows boot screen, press the Enter key.
    4. After the Acer eRecovery Management application has loaded, select your restore type.
    5. Read the notice, and then click Next when you are ready.
    6. Click Next to begin the restore process. The restore can take anywhere from 10 minutes up to an hour.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• Sharanji

The recovery media is not avaliable for download . You can get the recovery media for your computer from Acer store.

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may purchase the recovery disc from Acer store : Acer Store

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, please contact Acer Store

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• Pittfarm

Unfortunately, I tried this several times.  No matter how many times I press Alt and F10, I never get an Acer screen.  Thank you though!

• Sharanji

You may try recovery from inside windows. Since you have mentioned that the computer is slow I hope that you are able to boot your computer and login into windows.

To start your system restore follow the below steps:

1. Click on the Start menu and click All Programs.
    2. In the program list click the Acer folder, then click the Acer eRecovery Management icon.
    3. Windows User Account Control may ask for your permission to run this program, click Yes.
    4. From the Acer eRecovery Management window on the left click Restore, then click Completely Restore System to Factory Defaults.
    5. On the Confirmation screen, select Yes and click Start
    6. Finally click OK to confirm restoration and then your computer will restart.
    7. After the computer restarts click Next if you agree to the notice on your screen.
      Note: The notice is informing you that all your data will be erased. If you have not backed up your data click Cancel now.
    8. Next you get a final confirmation screen. Click Next, then click OK to start the recovery process.
    9. The recovery may take a while to finish. You will get a confirmation screen when it is finished.
    10. Click OK to restart your computer.

• Pittfarm

I get to #4 and my only clickable option is to reinall drivers or applications. 

• Pittfarm
    I figured it out but had to establish a restore password first and then went to control panel and systems.
  • Sharanji

Glad to know that you got the issue resolved!Smiley Happy

• Pittfarm
    Thanks for your guidance!!