Acer 5736z BIOS recovery...!

Options
alaxee
alaxee Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I have Acer 5736z with Windows 7 Home Premium. I have downloaded BIOS "BIOS_Acer_1.14_A_A" from ACER website the other day. I have tried to update the BIOS in windows mode, however, during installation it showed "Verification Error" and laptop halted. When I forcefully restarted the laptop nothing happens other then power on. No display, no fan, no hard disk blinks. 

I have tried to recover BIOS using the following method:

i. Copied the file "PEW52114.fd" in USB.

ii. Removed the battery and AC supply cable.

iii. Plugged in the USB in the right most USB port.

iv. Inserted the AC supply by pressing "Fn" & "Esc" keys and started the laptop.

v. The fan and hardisk started. After few seconds it read the USB. The light of USB blinked twice and laptop shutdonwn.

vi. But then on, same issue. Nothing worked.

What is going wrong in the above method or is there any other way to recover the BIOS? If any one has the information, please help.

Thanks

Answers

• HeyRoxie
    HeyRoxie Member Posts: 27 New User
    Options

may I ask what is the file you are trying to run.. the extension .fb is a data base file..

try the following and you may have to do this a few times..shut down,,, remove plug and battery.. hit the start button and plug in power cord and then replace battery.. start the device and go in safe mode.. either F2 or F10.. neither of my keys would work this week and had to do F8.. once in try 1st to safe mode.. if that doesnt work .. try safe mode with command..

did you back up before you started the changes??

you may have to do this a few times.on the restarting . once in go the device manager and look to see what is tagged... you might want to make sure that your internet connection is OFF.. there is a lot of updates in process right now.. update all that needs to be EXCEPT the bois.. save it for last.. restart on any device update that it ask you too..

NOW before you do your Bois.. check to make sure Atheros adapter is NOT ACTIVE.. I noticed this morning it is no long in the set up line and it is the one I had trouble with ..choose any other adapter .. there is what maybe 2-3 well known ones.. let me know if this helps you ...

• alaxee
    alaxee Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks a lot Roxie.

I have tried with .fb (downloaded from Acer website) and .wph (renamed after an article in the community here) files but both didn't work in my case. I don't have any display avaialble to go to safemode or the other you suggested. :-(

However, I have contacted ACER vender here and my laptop is with the vendor now. Hope he can come up with some solution rather suggestion.