Acer 5515 new hard drive

rabdul60
rabdul60 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
I just changed the hard drive on my acer 5515. I also tried to add an operating system using a flash and it won't do anything. I changed the order so it can read from the usb but after that it's stuck on a blank page with a flashing line. Someone help

Answers

• n2gc
    n2gc Member Posts: 104 Troubleshooter

Ive had a like problem where things get goofy. I have done a few 5315's [ One of my fav Acers !]

after changing out the core, the memory, the WIFI, the hard drive, upgrading the cooling system,

etc, and then installing a fresh copy of Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate. When it booted, I couldn't

load the OS for anything ! Well, come to fing out, one must go into BIOS when it first boots,and change the boot order from AHCI, to IDE, THEN change boot order from whatever it's

set at to either the CD or USB. Then F10 to "save changes", reboot and if all when right you

will get the "Press any key to proceed" which means you are on your way to loading the OS.

I already have a USB flash with all of the req Acer Drivers for in THESE cases, the 5315, so after

I get Windows installed, I'll load the Acer drivers. There is a great way to load the drivers to

return to AHCI using if using Windows 7 and here it the how to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/61869-ahci-enable-windows-7-vista.html?filter[2]=Performance%20Maintenance

Just follow the prompts and you should be able to go back to AHCI. If not, you can leave

it in IDE and it'll run fine as well. Once you get the OS  loaded as well as the Acer Drivers

you'll want to reboot and change boot order in BIOS back to the main hard drive just to

keep things nice and cozy.

Good luck !

• rabdul60
    rabdul60 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks I try this.