Acer 4830tg cannot turn on

Options
overev
overev Member Posts: 6 New User

I have laptop Acer 4830tg. Recently cannot turn on at all. No power, no whatsoever light, blink...nothing. Used for 2years now. Checked for processor...runs well. RAM...runs well. Battery...hmm...built in. Disabled it from mainboard, still no power...nothing. Charger adaptor...good as new.

Now, is there any fuse/ideas that i missed to check with? Not an expert but its my hobby to open electronic devices when i have nothing to do. Perhaps u guys can give me craziest/funniest tips that might help me to ressurect the dead, perhaps its undead, its just that i missed something on it Smiley Happy 

No money to buy new mainboard bro Smiley Happy)) Malaysia is "all about da GST" now Smiley Happy  Thanks in Advance

Answers

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi...

To fix this, you may perform a power reset on the laptop. Below steps would help you to do this.

Turn off the laptop.

Unplug the adapter (power cord) off the laptop.
    At the bottom side of the laptop, you will see a small reset hole.

Insert a thin object like a paper clip into this hole and hold it for 5 seconds.

Then plug in the adapter.

Turn on the laptop and check if it works.

If not, it would be a hardware related issue where you will need to send the laptop for repair.

If my answer helped, click on KUDOS.
  • overev
    Options

I did pressed it, but didnt think of pressing it for 5secs. Okay, i'll try this later on when im back from work. Meanwhile, since i did open and disassemble its parts...i wonder if there's something wrong with the keyboard, or lets just say my keyboard totally damaged, will it leads to total blackout power failure on the 4830tg?

Thanks bro

• vvprad
    Options

Hi..

If performing a power reset does not fix the issue, it might be a hardware issue. Disassembling the unit could be a reason for this.

• overev
    Options

Thanks, i'll keep that in mind. I'm pretty sure i reconnect all parts together. In fact, power failure came 1st before i tried to be a McGuyver thing. So, its never been open/disassemble before.

But is it true that this model 4830TG cannot turn on if its keyboard was damaged/disconnected from mainboard, sir? I dont know where my friend got this info/idea from but he did make some point & funny feeling too Smiley Happy. Or else he just wanna make me looks silly later on spending some unnecessary purchase and tell the whole world about it.

Thanks

• vvprad
    Options

Hi..

If you have connected the power cable from the power switch to the motherboard, the laptop will turn on. It does not matter if you have connected the keyboard to the motherboard or not. The laptop can be worked without connecting a keyboard. As I know, it seems to be an issue with motherboard, not something related with the keyboard.

If my answer helped, click on KUDOS.
  • overev
    Options

Yeaahhhh it does makes sense sir. Those keyboard thing idea was just a funny one. Makes one out of focus on important things. Thanks for the help. I'll try that 5secs 1st. 

• overev
    Options
    Finished. No luck with the 5secs reset. I gave up. Thanks all.
  • vvprad
    Options

Hi...

It seems that, this issue requires repair. You may contact Acer tech support team to check for the options to get this laptop repaired.

• overev
    Options
    i gave up coz, 1 of my family member just confessed yesterday that he played game on my laptop & accidentally dropped cup of water on it. Water all over the power button & keyboard area. He said, in few secs only, laptop totally blackout. Beyond repair i guessed. Makes me silly for writing this thread.

Where/which part in Malaysia can i get the mainboard replacement? And may i know what is the estimated cost? Currency MYR