Acer 4749z Laptop dims then dies [Unsolved]

LoneWanderer
LoneWanderer Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

My friend has an Issue with his old laptop ( model 4749z its so old ) he bought this thing a long time ago and now it dies,here is the description of the problem.

-Was using Laptop

-Suddenly the screen dims 100% -> 0%

-Dies ( can't turn on again )

It just literally died,the charging lights died,there is no sign of life,and please note that the battery is no longer functioning/soaked so he has to plug it in to a power source to power it,but now the same socket still works for other devices but not with the laptop,even if its plugged in the charging lights still not turning on.

I really need the fix or atleast get his data back,your answer is a pleasure to hear.

-Regards

-L

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i think the motherboard is gone, to recover his data from the HDD, simply open the back of the laptops, take off the HDD and use an USB dock to connect it to another PC.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • LoneWanderer
    LoneWanderer Member Posts: 6 New User

Thank you for your answer,but is it repairable or its just gone forever? and before it died it shows no signs of 'destruction' and was working properly,I need your explanation,i wanted to know more about this.

-L

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

electronic rarely gives you a sign of near dead, so it's a normal behaviour.

about if it's reparable or not, i can't tell you since this kind of issue need to be checked in first person.

I'm not an Acer employee.