Acer 4741g does not switch on

Options
Netfusion
Netfusion Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, i took the laptop apart and saw that the ribbon cable connecting the power on button is somehow become frayed/split apart, when the laptop is plugged in the light is on.

Is this common that the cable can become this way, its about 5yrs old, it may have got snagged as when i open the laptop screen the top left corner opens up, or could it be sign that the cable got fried from a voltage surge from a storm?is it easy to buy these small ribbon cables? 

Any advice is appreciated, thanks

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

I need more information:

1- Do you have the same issue when you connect it to LCD TV?

2- You talk about cable DC-IN or cable LCD?

3- Here are the part numbers of these parts:

Spoiler
    50.PUD01.004CABLE.LCD.LED
    50.WK601.001CABLE.DC-IN
    France
  • Netfusion
    Options

Hi, I already put the laptop back together, but it will definately not work if I connect an Lcd because the laptop cannot start because power is not going through when the cable is broken, it is the thin white ribbon cable which has about 12 plus silver lines on that connects directly under the Power on switch, its just a few inches long, then when i put the laptop back the other end of the cable connects to the main board.  pls see attached photo that I took.  hope that its possible to advise so i dont have to take it to bits again, thanks Smiley Happy

Spoiler
    acer4741g.jpg
  • laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

I finally found the part:

50.4GY01.011 - POWER BUTTON BOARD CABLE

I also found the cable in your country.

Hmmm I'm afraid that there was a motherboard issue (overvoltage).

Try ... it's not expensive!

France
  • Netfusion
    Options

Hi, thanks a lot for the part number, I am in Nicaragua and will try to find in Managua.