ASPIRE 5742 Launch Manager windows 7 64 not working

hamzasukkar
hamzasukkar Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi 

I have a Laptop Acer ASPIRE 5742 the function key not working in windows 7 64 bit 
I try to download LaunchManager from acer web site i download this 
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/LaunchManager/LaunchManager_Dritek_4.0.12_W7x86W7x64_A.zip?acerid=634176970594105419&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%205742&OS=711&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6
and I intall it but nothing happened.
please help me.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

>>>the function key not working in windows 7 64 bit >>>

What happens if you press & hold the Fn key and tap the F6 key once? Then press & hold the Fn key again and tap the F6 key once again? Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• hamzasukkar
    hamzasukkar Member Posts: 2 New User

Nothing happen and Launch Manager don't work after install it.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

There are 3 possibilities.

(1) Fn key contacts are dirty with food particles etc. Use compressed air & long soft-bristle brush to dislodge particles trapped beneath key. Be careful not to apply to much upward pressure on the keypad with the brush. If this doesn't work, proceed to step 2.

(2) Keyboard ribbon cable contacts are dirty from corrosion. Google the phrase "aspire 5742 keyboard replacement".  Remove the keyboard and re-seat its connector to the mainboard a half-dozen or so times to clean the contacts. If this doesn't work, proceed to step 3.

(3) Defective keyboard. New replacement keyboards are less than $15 with free shipping. Go to ebay or amazon and search for "aspire 5742 keyboard".

Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ