ACER USB restore isn't restoring - it cycles through but then error stating no boot drive -

Options
xzFaYsUe
xzFaYsUe Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I have an ACer aspire one 725- window 8 64 bit.  installed at the facotry - the computer stopped working - only cycled from the ACER screen to needs to restore- that failed.  So I purchased the ACER USB.  The files extract, then tells me to remove the USB - then I get a can't find boot drive.  I have tried everything I know.  I purchased this computer in 2013 - havent used much cause it is so very slow.... but I do use to do taxes.... I did do a memory test with no errors... I have tried to locate what the BIOS should be set at - I have reset to default -- I have attempted to install the restore data about 15 times now.... 

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi Susan,

Sorry that the unit does not boot & also recovery fails, but could you explain what happens when you boot normaly,. If its anything like No bootable device or Media test failure, check cable connection, the restore fails as the HDD is failing, consider repalcing the HDD,. Cheers.
  • xzFaYsUe
    xzFaYsUe Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

So the hard drive can fail and you can still access the BIOS?  - that would be very helpful to know that

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi Susan,
    Yes even if the HDD fails you could access the BIOS by Hitting the F2 Key while the unit Boots to the Acer Logo(Before the POST Completes).
  • Acupro1
    Acupro1 Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options

Susan,

You might try going into the BIOS and resetting it to factory settings.  UEFI settings being altered can cause that message when there is nothing wrong with the drive.  You will find that option on the last page of BIOS where you can save changes and exit.

Chris