ACER Aspire E1-571g Boot up problem.

n2tyyy
n2tyyy Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi there,

I bought an Acer Aspire e1-571g (i5-3210M 2.5GHz, GT 620m 1gb, 4gb ddr3, 500gb hdd) in 2013 and I haven't any problems with it until now.

The laptop starts with a lag, ~30s up to 1m to boot bios and show me manufacturer name. If I restart it or shutdown and power on, it doesn't start at all, coolers work, everything work but I have no image on screen ( he cannot boot bios or something). If I let it about 1 hour to "cool down", it starts with that lag. I tried to replace RAM, HDD, nothing.

I had windows 7 x64 but now I formatted all and got windows 8.1 pro. What's the problem? I really tried everything.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If you game a lot and it has ran hot a lot, you could be experiencing problems from long term heat damage. If this is the case, you may want to replace the thermal paste on the CPU/Gpu.

Try removing one of the memory modules and boot, then the other.

Try unplugging the power and battery, hold power button down for 30 aeconds, plug in power and try it.

Try to borrow another power supply or take it to a local comp shop and ask them to try their universal.

Open a command prompt as ADMINISTRATOR and run"sfc /scannow". 

• n2tyyy

I replaced the thermal paste on the gpu & cpu, cleaned the cooler, in u reffer to RAM memory, I have only 1 and I replaced with other one from an packard bell ( same ram memory) and it starts 3 sec and then shutdown, if I try to put my ram memory in the second slot same thing. It starts only with my ram memory on first slot.

Try unplugging the power and battery, hold power button down for 30 aeconds, plug in power and try it. - I did that, nothing.

Try to borrow another power supply or take it to a local comp shop and ask them to try their universal. -> I did that, I went to a local comp service and they told me they don't know what problem I have, but they could try to replace my bios(hardware) and rewrite it.

Open a command prompt as ADMINISTRATOR and run"sfc /scannow".  -> Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

OTHER SOLUTIONS?

• n2tyyy
    Someone with any opinion ? I really tried everything... I believe this is a tipic problem for this model because noone knows what to do.... My last solution is to change the bios from motherboard and rewrite it ( because I think its a bios problem, don't know for sure just guessing)
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i'm not sure that BIOS flashing can solve this kind of issue, it looks more like a capacitor problem, so it will be hard to narrow it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • n2tyyy
    Still having this problem... And no solution
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Try to flash BIOS:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/4242;-;Aspire%20E1-571G

choose the BIOS tab, remember taht BIOS listed (not for upgrades) are ONLY for notebook that has windows 8 from factory.

I'm not an Acer employee.