ACER ASPIRE 5820T does not boot

Options
billalex
billalex Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

I am getting this message when I power up my Acer Aspire 5820T :

'An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system. Press Ctrl +Alt +Del to restart'

The laptop is running Windows 10 (updated from Windows 7).

Anyone knows how to solve this ?

Thank you

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options

Cold boot the machine. The tap F2 at the ACER boot logo to enter the BIOS menu. Is the hard drive detected and recognized in the first screen? If yes, go to the BOOT menuitem and  make sure the hard drive is the first in the booting order. Then press F10 to save and exit the BIOS menu. What happens? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billalex
    billalex Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks.

I already did all this. Also made bootable windows 10 dvd and tried to do recovery from the windows tools with no sucess. Following internet search, the only thing that works temporarily is a procedure i found here.  After running bcdboot C:\Windows /S C: at the command prompt as per instructions from the link, windows will boot but after a while the computer resets itself and when it restarts, I get the blue screen "your PC couldn't start properly" with error code 0xc0000001. I don't think it is a hardware fault because when in command mode (from the recovery dvd) there are not resets or shut downs. I just managed to uninstall the last installed software (Lightshot, a print screen utility) in case this was causing the problem. Next in chronological line for uninstall is Dropbox.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>I don't think it is a hardware fault because when in command mode (from the recovery dvd) there are not resets or shut downs. >>>

What happens when you F8 or F12 at the ACER logo? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ