60403690066 is model number i think. i am out of memory?? Ho do i dump stuff?

Options
Fr
Fr Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Sorry to ask such a dumb question, can i claim an age handicap? Smiley Wink 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,694 Trailblazer
    Options

Doesn't seem to be an ACER model number. Does it have an ACER label anywhere? It should have the model name along with it --- like Aspire, Aspire One, Acer One, Travelmate, etc. Then another number after the model name. Do you know what Windows version that it has? Is it Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 98, 95, something else? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Fr

Tinkerer

Options

Thnks for your reply, yes it is an acer, exactly one year old as a matter of fact

Thanks for your reply

It is an Acer, bought brand new one year ago

How about NXG 11 SAOO 1***?

Thanks for your trouble

The specific name has faded!

Another ref is CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3 (B)?

Cheers

[edited to remove extra line breaks]

[edited for privacy - THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM - please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• JackE
    Options

My best guess is that you have an  ACER model r3-131T with Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 with a 500GB hard drive and 4GB ram memory. It has plenty of memory. How did you determine that it's already out of memory? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Fr

Tinkerer

Options

Hya Jack, thanks for taking the time to help out.

It kept on giving me a message re nearly out of memory, and finally syarting closing down from time to time, it also showed a diagram showing how full it was

• JackE
    Options

Assuming it's not a virus, this might indicate the system is trying to run too many things all at the same time. For example, you might be playing a game or running some other programs and not exiting them when your done with them --- they're still running in the background taking up memory.

You might also be trying to load too many internet web pages all at the same time --- you usually only view them one at a time --- but the others might still running in the background taking up memory if you don't exit them.

All this can usually be corrected by simply shutting off all power to the system. No LEDs should be lit. Then re-start the system. This is called a cold boot and will clear and recover the memory.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Fr

Tinkerer

Options

tHANKS, YES I DO OFTEN HAVE MULTIPLE WINDOWS OPEN, ops caps, 6 plus is conservative lol. double figures often.

So how do i send some of my files upto cloud etc? 

again thanks for your time buddy.

• JackE
    Options

>>>So how do i send some of my files upto cloud etc? >>>

Google "google drive" or "one drive" with the quotes. 8^) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ