5750z aspire laptop won't turn on.

Options
tripelks
tripelks Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an acer aspire 5750z laptop and it is doing a variety of odd things and I am needing help in trouble shooting the problem. My main issue is, IT WONT TURN ON.

1) While plugged in, I will push the power button, the power light will light up for a second, there is a click sound, and then the whole thing goes dead (sometimes the screen will light up for a second).

or

2) While plugged in, the LEDs indicating pwer and charging will blink 11 times, pause for a couple of seconds, and then proceed blinking nonstop. 

or

3) I plug the laptop in and the charging LED lights up. However, it wont respond when I attempt to turn it on.

I have tried cleaning the dust off of the RAM and the battery slots. I have also reset the battery.

Basically, I need to know if there is an alternative to fix this issue, or if I should start saving for a new laptop.

Addintional info- I have knowlege of computer parts and their functions and this laptop was never under any questionable or extensive use. Also, I have reset the computer to factory settings once within the severeal years that I have had it.

Please help! Thank you!

Answers

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi tripelks,

I think you have done the right steps of cleaning the dust of the unit that sometimes can cause this type of issues an also making a power reset, at this point I think it might be the Main Board or other component like CPU. Now you mention that u clean up the RAM but have you tried with another RAM?   

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• tripelks
    tripelks Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

No, I wanted to see if it was a quick fix that didn't require any purchases. Do you think that it could be the AU adapter?