5745 motherboard replacement not booting

Options
onzelarg
onzelarg Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello!

I have an Acer 5745G with a faulty motherboard. I bought a replacement for it,but it doesn't work. When I try to turn it on the numlock and capslock lights up,the fan spins then shuts off. I tried without hdd and ram, and tried removing the cmos battery for a while. 

Anything else I can try? Or should I conclude that the replacement was faulty too?

Thanks for helping in advance. 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

>>>When I try to turn it on the numlock and capslock lights up,the fan spins then shuts off. >>>

If the old board still boots, and the replacement behaves like this, then I agree the replacement mainboard seems faulty. The 5745 mainboard should have one of the following part numbers. 

MB.PTY06.001
    MB.PU306.001
    MB.PTW06.001
    MB.PTX06.001

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options

Did the original mainboard exhibit similar problems? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• onzelarg
    Options

Not at all. The originals only problem was that it had no working usb ports, and everything still works if i use that board (expect the usb of course).

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

>>>When I try to turn it on the numlock and capslock lights up,the fan spins then shuts off. >>>

If the old board still boots, and the replacement behaves like this, then I agree the replacement mainboard seems faulty. The 5745 mainboard should have one of the following part numbers. 

MB.PTY06.001
    MB.PU306.001
    MB.PTW06.001
    MB.PTX06.001

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• onzelarg
    Options

It's MB.PTY06.001. I can return it,so it's alright. Thanks for the help.

• JackE
    Options

Good. Meanwhile you might want to consider an SD card reader port to usb port adapter so you can still have USB connectivity using your old board. They're only about $30 usd. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ