5742z bios update black screen

Options
coqui3L
coqui3L Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi all,

I've spent 3 days and countless hours trying to find the solution to a black screen after attempting to update my daughter's Acer Aspire 5742Z from the bios it had to the latest bios available on the site (1.30).  I ran the windows version from windows and I clicked thru the various dialogue windows appearing to be on its merry way.  At one point, the screen went black and after about a half hour it stayed that way so I unplugged it b/c it wasn't responding to the power button nor the ctrl-alt-delete.  I've tried using a usb stick formatted to both fat and fat32 containing the dos version of the bios files and the full contents from a windows 98 startup floppy disk i dusted off from retirement.  I also tried a cdrw and cdr only containing the bios files.  In all attempts, the hdd led and either the optical drive or usb stick led blinked a little before dying out and nothing more.  Please help!  Thanks.

coqui

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

Could you please let us know what happens when you normally power on the computer, moreover the BIOS update from the site is Windows installer, needs to Run as regular windows installation. Cheers
  • coqui3L
    coqui3L Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi Sath,  tks for responding.

After running the bios installer from windows that resulted in the black screen, pressing the power button does nothing.  The power button does respond when I do the fn+esc sequence; the blue led turns on and stays lit until I remove the ac adapter w/ the battery installed.

I still need help pls.  Tks.

coqui