5733z bios boot loop

bmfb1980
bmfb1980 Member Posts: 2 New User

With AC+battery, battery-only, or AC-without-battery...  the laptop tries to start and gets to the ACER screen with F2 to enter bios message... then shuts down and starts all over again.   Even pressing F2 and being lucky enough to time it right... it reboots immediately.  The loop is maybe 7 seconds long.

This happened to me once before when my knock-off battery went bad, but I replaced with proper/official ACER battery and it's worked fine for a year now.   Yesterday, all of a sudden it failed to recognize the DVD drive, so I re-booted as I had not done that in many weeks.  Still didn't recognize DVD, plus was now getting some program "trying to send me a notification" because it was "incompatible" with windows10.    So I ran Tune-Up2014 (now Avast system cleanup) which found thousands of problems and cleaned them all.  Now, I've been using this product for over 10 years now on 7 different machines, 2 servers, and a WHS without issue so normally this cleanup doesn't hose things up.  It may have been a little aggressive though this time, due to the "Windows10" factor, who knows.

Seems that Windows10, even if free, was a BAD call to put on this laptop.  Nothing but issues ever since.  

But back the problem... anyone know how I can stop this insanity and get either into the BIOS screen or to Windows?

Would I be able to yank the HDD and access the root/C drive to at least save some files?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Press and hold power button till machine shuts off. Remove battery and charger. Then press and hold power button for 1-2mins. Reconnect battery and charger. Power up machine and immediately start tapping F2  to try to access the bios menu again. If you can into the bios menu, check to make sure all drives are recognized and properly identified. The F10 to save settings and exit.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ