5552-7803 power light on fan runs 3 seconds black screen

jari61
jari61 Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer Aspire 5552-7803 fails to boot, power light on, fan runs 3 seconds, black screen only

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

You may power OFF the computer by pressing the power button for 4 to 5 seconds. Then you may please remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. Connect the AC adaptor alone and see if the computer works.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• jari61
    jari61 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for your help. I did as you instructed with no change in results. I have decided to clean the fan thoroughly do to what seemed like higher than normal heat coming from the cooling fan vent during last use. Upon disassembly I discovered that cooling fins on heat sink were clogged 1/3+ of capacity. Will this cause the fan to shut down almost immediately and prevent booting? Prior to disassembly I also tried ram swapping and trying to boot with screen at many various angles. No change in results. Nothing looks overheated on motherboard. My plan is to reassemble after cleaning and hope cleaning and reseating all cables will do the trick. Probably be a few days before I get it reassembled. I willpost results when I do. Do you agree with my path or have any further suggestions at this point. Thank you for your help. You are so kind.