gateway sx crashed-gateway restored partially-no sound, no dvd, no win updates-what now

Options
ctc
ctc Member Posts: 2 New User

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

Is there anyway that you can provide a more detailed description of what happened (it crashed out of the blue?) and how you went about restoring it?  Thanks!

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ctc
    ctc Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

crashed out of blue while i was eating lunch---mess came up on  screen that it would try to restore- i clicked AND it did restore windows outlook and explorer-i can log in but nothing else works--no windows update, no avg update, cd does not work-have tried to get into safemode-every thing is dead end-aalso no sound-says installer error

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

I guess you should backup your important files to another drive, such as a USB drive, or back them up to the cloud (e.g. onedrive, googledrive, GooglePhoto, flickr, dropbox..etc).

And then after you backup your files so they are somewhere safe......if you post your full computer model including operating system, someone will probably tell you how to reset the computer to factory defaults.  I've used friend's gateway sx computers in the past, but I'm not familiar with how to reset them to factory condition.  I'm sure someone on this forum can tell you how.

I'm not an Acer employee.