aspire 5349-2592 wihout a good hard drive

denny4denny
denny4denny Member Posts: 3 New User

This is my first time here and post .not shur if im the right place.

A lady with kids and no money ask me to try and fix a  couple puters for the kids homework stuff.This one just needed a hard drive.  i replaced and all I had was a win 7 32 bit. software to load on . I got it running great except

wireless needs 2 drivers to finish it up fo that I cant seen to find a[ PCI simple communications controller and network controller] that will work on this.   I looked it up here and found out it  sold new with win 7 64bit   and all have on hand  for this is a 32bit disk. I have tried all the wireless  driver,s that acer has listed but they will not work.

I need a way around this.  if anyone  knows a crue  please pass it on. 

Answers

• aferraro21
    aferraro21 Member Posts: 37 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Try downloading the 64 bit drivers, then installing the hardware via device manager/ad new hardware wizard, not the installation executable that comes in the download.

If you are using a legitimate licensed copy of Windows 7, the Windows update utility should also search and find the most appropriate driver through an ethernet connection after it usually installs a generic driver for the ethernet option.

Last, you can also look online and try to source the .iso file for a 64 bit version.  Which is what I would recommend.  I used a site called getintopc for the home version of both the 32 bit and 64 bit iso Windows 7 files awhile back.  Almost right after Microsoft pulled the iso's from their site.  I'm not sure if that site still works.  Otherwise you can try sourcing the iso files on your own.  But running a 64 bit OS on a x64 machine is usually ideal for a lot of reasons, one of them obviously being the OE installation files are ready, and you don't need to mess with workarounds.

• denny4denny
    denny4denny Member Posts: 3 New User

Thanks  but after i posted . I tried a 64 bit driver that was allowed a install and it works ,if you click on the installe driver you get a nag saying unsupported driver but it works great.

Thanks again. I ordered a 64bit O S  .Im going to swap it out when it arrives to avoid some other set backs.