What do you do if you bought a lemon?

harrisol
harrisol Member Posts: 1 New User

I purchased a gateway DX4380G-UW308 which has an acer motherboard.  Within 6 months of owning this computer it completely failed.  I had to pay $50 to send it to gateway to have it serviced under the warranty.  They replaced the HD, CPU, and motherboard.  After another six months, the computer completely died again.  I believe the motherboard and/or the CPU failed again.  Since it is no longer under warranty, I am stuck with a computer that doesn't work at all and was barely used.  If I try to replace the motherboard myself, I'll have to buy a new version of windows and hope it all works.  If I want to call gateway about the situation, I have to pay.  They won't even speak to you unless you are still under the 'one year' warranty.  

The only reason I bought a gateway was because I liked acer and I thought gateway would be good since they were behind them.  My family and I have bought acer monitors, desktops, and laptops.  We were loyal acer owners, but after this we will never buy another acer product again.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or is this computer simply a total loss for barely any use?