Trying to install windows 7 Gateway MD2614U

PCsupply
PCsupply Member Posts: 3 New User

Trying to install windows 7 on my gatway MD2614u but can't locate the proper sata drivers so that the installlation of windows recognizes the hard drive.  I tried several drivers with no luck.  Windows 7 does not automatically load the proper drivers to recognize the hard drive.  Does anyone have a link to the proper drivers?

Thanks so much

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Since you can switch from IDE to SATA AHCI once the OS is installed, i would suggest you to try to install using IDE then look around for the correct AHCI driver (normally AMD/ATI has all in one packages).

to switch from IDE to AHCI, you need to modify a string using the registry editor after installing the correct drivers.

then boot to BIOS switch to AHCI, save and exit, if all is correct it will boot normally on AHCI, if not a BSOD will appear; but don't worry, you can boot to BIOS and rever to IDE, boot to OS and retry. Smiley Happy

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=313676

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • PCsupply

I installed a new hard drive.  Used my windows 7 installation disk.  Selected install and it does not list my hard drive.  I have the option to select load drivers and thats where I am having the issue.  I cant locate the proper drivers.  I need the proper drivers so the windows 7 installation can continue.

• IronFly

have you check on BIOS if the HDD is listed?

press F2 at boot and check under SATA devices.

• PCsupply

Its listed

• IronFly

have you tried this?

http://support.amd.com/it-it/download/chipset?os=Windows%207%20-%2032

unzipping the .exe file with 7z:

amd-catalyst-15.7-sb-sata-ahci-win10-win8.1-win7\_Ÿ€\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\SB7xx\AHCI

here i can find the AHCI .inf and cat file, i don't know if it can work.

by the way i would try the IDE trick to check if windows 7 can recognise the HDD, if not....it's not compatible with the chipset.