Touchpad (ALPS) drivers for Gateway NV59 Laptop

Howard_Woodard
Howard_Woodard Member Posts: 4 New User

My laptop is running ALPS Touchpad driver 7.105.2015.1105 which is the latest driver for Windows 7 64 bit.

I upgraded it to Windows 10. After the upgrade I noticed that the ALPS driver was no longer there and I had a Synaptics PS/2 driver with no gesture capability.  I reverted to Windows 7 until I figure out what my options are.

I saw some ALPS touchpad drivers for Windows 10 on the ACER site.  Are they compatible with the Gateway ALPS touchpads?  Can I go back to Windows 10 and then replace the Synaptics driver with the ACER ALPS driver?

Thanks in adcvance for any help offered.

Howard

Redmond, WA

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Acer and Gateway driver downoads don't have a Win 10 driver for it so, you will have to try drivers until you find one thst workks or just use it with the default driver.It wont hurt to try. Just uninstall each driver in Programs and Features before you install another one.

• Howard_Woodard

This guy says these will work: http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10569-windows-8-alps-touchpad-driver.html

Also, somewhere on this forum, I can't remember the thread, I found Win 10 drivers for ALPS, ELAN and synaptics.

TouchPad_ALPS_8.100.2020.212_W10x64_A.zip

TouchPad_ELANTECH_15.6.0.3_W10x64_A.zip

TouchPad_Synaptics_19.0.9.4_W10x64_A.zip

Regards,

Howard

• philetus

Give them all a try.

• Howard_Woodard

Btw, after the upgrade and Windows 10 had only installed a driver for a Synaptics P/S 2 Mouse it occurred to me that I didn't know what kind of hardware I had and which updated driver I would need to look for.

How can I tell whether I have a Synaptics, ELANTECH or ALPS touchpad?

Howard

• philetus

Riht now you are using the driver that Win 10 installed when you upgraded?

Since Win 10 installed a Synaptics driver, I would try Synaptics drivers.

• Howard_Woodard

Thanks for your willingness to help and your quick response.  My question was about definitively determing the manufacturer of my touchpad.  Windows 7 had the ALPS touchpad driver yet after the upgrade Windows 10 had installed only a basic Synaptics mouse driver.

Is there a way to determine the touchpad's hardware manufacturer?

• philetus
    Answer ✓