Need a recovery disk for a gateway. Acer does not want my money...

livesabbath
livesabbath Member Posts: 2 New User

I need a recovery disk for a gateway computer.. I down loaded the find my system program from the Acer website..It funds the numbers the site wants, but when I enter them, It comes back system not find.I Use both Acer program, and still no luck..I do no under stand why the site says all gateways, but can't find mine.. Why does Acer not want my Money? Here i am with cash in hand. Acer says we have what you want.. but then can't make a website to get my money..  It's simple stuff.. I have a Gateway GZ7112. Its Vista home premium. Web site says available on all Gateway and eMachines PCs. Websites says, Only one eRecovery media type is available per unit This is the first time I have needed one, and, and Vista is still legit to MS.. Come on guys.. do you want my money or not?   lol

Best Answer

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Hi livesabbath,

Unfortunately, we're only able to offer recovery media in this capacity for a certain period of time. In this case, I've confirmed that we do not have software loads of units that originally shipped with Windows Vista.

You may want to look into purchasing a retail copy of Windows or look into variations of linux. Of course, linux does have a much higher learning curve if you haven't used it before.

Cory

Answers