Need BIOS driver for M360

heyjupiter
heyjupiter Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello. I have an older Gateway laptop - model no. M360, and I need the BIOS driver so I can flash it. Can anyone help me with this please? Thank you!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Why do you need to flash the bios?

• heyjupiter

I need to flash it because it is corrupted/has been hacked.

• philetus

How do you plan to flash it?

• heyjupiter

With other laptops, I run or open the driver and it restarts the computer and flashes it.

• philetus

So you're saying the laptop boots up?

• heyjupiter

Indeed it does. But the BIOS level corruption is affecting Windows when it loads. Pease help if you can.

• philetus

If the Bios was corrupted, the laptop would not boot into Windows. What ever problems you are having with Windows loading is software problems or malware.

What is it doing?

• heyjupiter

This is not true. I've had it analyzed at a local college and they have said the virus/malware is in the BIOS. I am not going to pay someone to flash the BIOS for me when I know how to do it, however. I just need the file. Would you be able to provide it for me please? Thanks.

• philetus

No I can't. It doesn't seem to be available anywhere, anymore.

There is no malware in your bios. Whoever tod you that doesn't know what he's talking about.

Download AVG Rescue CD (for USB Stick) and run it on a computer. It will install itself on a USB drive and you boot your computer from it.If there is anything in there, it will get rid of it.