My hard drive crashed, Gateway Recovery Management (V8.3.2)

GATRaptor
GATRaptor Member Posts: 12 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I replaced my failing hard drive, inserted the 1st recovery disc. I get some blury gray and black line about 1/2 across the lower part of the window. After a while the recovery management window will open. Howevery it allows me but one option, EXIT, and I can not go any further in recovering windows 7 on that computer.

Can anybody help guide me to a solution. Or do I have to buy an new Windows 7?

Best Answer

• GATRaptor
    Answer ✓

Good morning everybody. I am happy to say that the recovery disc's are just fine. I installed another hard drive into that computer. I ran one at a time and tried to run the recovery disc's. The old one that I tried for the last few days to get to boot, still would not boot. So I unplugged that one and ran the recovery disc's It went right to work installing Windows, and the Gateway information.

I guess someplace along the line I corrupted both of the old hard drives. Maybe when I tried using Hiten's BootCD to try and format the hard drives and start over. But that is after I had so much trouble with them. So needless to say. I will stay away from that boot disc for sure. Besides Many of the programs on it say they would not work, or has nothing in them...

For sure I will keep the links that you all provided for future reference. Now I guess I should open a new thread if I can't find how to check the hardware to see if anything is failing, or bad. I also want to now if there is a way to check my external hard drives to see if the are corrupted in some way. Also is there a way to restore at least the last hard drive and or check those two hard drives for trouble.

Thanks again to all of you for putting up with me and my nonsense.

Answers

• GATRaptor
    Answer ✓

Good morning everybody. I am happy to say that the recovery disc's are just fine. I installed another hard drive into that computer. I ran one at a time and tried to run the recovery disc's. The old one that I tried for the last few days to get to boot, still would not boot. So I unplugged that one and ran the recovery disc's It went right to work installing Windows, and the Gateway information.

I guess someplace along the line I corrupted both of the old hard drives. Maybe when I tried using Hiten's BootCD to try and format the hard drives and start over. But that is after I had so much trouble with them. So needless to say. I will stay away from that boot disc for sure. Besides Many of the programs on it say they would not work, or has nothing in them...

For sure I will keep the links that you all provided for future reference. Now I guess I should open a new thread if I can't find how to check the hardware to see if anything is failing, or bad. I also want to now if there is a way to check my external hard drives to see if the are corrupted in some way. Also is there a way to restore at least the last hard drive and or check those two hard drives for trouble.

Thanks again to all of you for putting up with me and my nonsense.