Motherboard lookup for Gateway SX2110g-U23

Options
fkbsar1954
fkbsar1954 Member Posts: 4 New User

I need to replace my motherboard in my SX2110g-U23.  I see a couple on Ebay but I want to make sure that it is what I need.  It is listed as a Acer DB.GE511.001.   I know that the motherboard in the computer now is an Acer but I'm not sure of the actual numbers.  Also, is the CPU soldered onto the motherboard - I think that I read that somewhere or do I need toI take my old one off and put it on the replacement.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

1. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

2. Do you use the pre-installed OS?
    France
  • fkbsar1954
    Options

DTGEPAA002

Also, is the CPU soldered onto the board?

Thank you for your prompt response.

I did find a couple of pictures that I took from my old motherboard and it says D1F-AD and it also says that on the ones that I was considering.

• laurent_14
    Options

Yes your motherboard is DB.GE511.001

You'll find a white sticker on yours. Under the bar code, the first ten characters are the part number.

It is shipped with the CPU+heatsink+fan: AMD E1-1500.

Very important:

Do you use the pre-installed operating system (shipped with)?

France
  • fkbsar1954
    Options

Thank you for that helpful information.  Yes I do use the preinstalled (if you mean do I have disks - no I don't have any disks).  I also upgraded it to Windows 10.  Shouldn't I be able to swap out the motherboard and the disk drive that is installed do the rest - or do I need to do something else.

• laurent_14
    Options

Yes in this case, you must buy the motherboard from your Acer store (Gateway spare parts).

You can request them a quote by phone or by chat.

The Windows license key is linked with the motherboard. Only the Acer technicians can enter the serial number and others informations in this one. They will prepared it before to ship it.

If you buy it anywhere, Pre-installed Windows doesn't work: Wong serial number and others informations.

France
  • fkbsar1954
    Options

Can I purchase a System Recovery disk and move forward?  What about a fresh install of Windows 10?

Also, would you please provide me with the link directly to Gateway spare parts.  Thank you.

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

1. Acer store is the only store which sells the Gateway parts:
      https://store.acer.com/en-us/
    2. About the eRecovery media, you could buy them from the same store:
      https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/
    3. About Windows 10, I would try updating from Windows 8. After the update, you will have 30 days to rever back to Windows 8. Today the drivers for Windows 10 are not available on the Gateway support website.

Microsoft info:
      "For a month after you upgrade to Windows 10, you’ll be able to go back to your previous version of Windows from Settings > Update & security > Recovery. This will keep your personal files, but it'll remove apps and drivers installed after the upgrade, as well as any changes you made to settings. "
    France