I want to add RAM to my ET1831-05.

sheriff12
sheriff12 Member Posts: 14 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I need more RAM. How much can I add, and is there any particular brand I should purchase? I purched this computer used so I don't know the specs.

Best Answer

• Spartan1
    Spartan1 Member Posts: 36

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

According to the number you quoted this isn't an Acer machine!

However, if everything inside it is original, then you should be able to fit a maximum of 4Gb RAM.  According to the blurb, it has two memory slots  -  you will need to see how much is currently installed in order to know what to buy.

Here is a link to the Crucial memory website:-

http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/compatible-upgrade-for/eMachines/et1831-05

I would add that  am neither an agent for Acer nor Crucial.  And indeed you can obtain suitable RAM from any number of other places...

Answers

• Spartan1

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

According to the number you quoted this isn't an Acer machine!

However, if everything inside it is original, then you should be able to fit a maximum of 4Gb RAM.  According to the blurb, it has two memory slots  -  you will need to see how much is currently installed in order to know what to buy.

Here is a link to the Crucial memory website:-

http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/compatible-upgrade-for/eMachines/et1831-05

I would add that  am neither an agent for Acer nor Crucial.  And indeed you can obtain suitable RAM from any number of other places...

• Hello,

You'll find below the part numbers of original memory for eMachines ET1831:

KN.2GB03.009DIMM.2GB.DT.DDR2-800.NAN.LF
    KN.2GB0B.006DIMM.2GB.DT.DDR2-800.SAM.LF
    KN.2GB0B.022DIMM.2GB.DT.DDR2-800.SAM.LF
    KN.2GB0F.001DIMM.2GB.DT.DDR2-800.TRANS.LF
    KN.2GB0G.008DIMM.2GB.DT.DDR2-800.HYN.LF
    KN.2GB0G.013DIMM.2GB.DT.DDR2-800.HYN.LF
    KN.2GB0H.007DIMM.2GB.DT.DDR2-800.UNI.LF

France
  • sheriff12

Please excuse my ignorance, but I have no idea which one I should buy. Should I open my computer and see which one matches my RAM, or is either of these compatable? Does the RAM I have installed have the information on it? Thanks for helping!

• Hello,

P/N: PT.NB602.021

Model: eMachines ET1831-05

You already have 3 Gb memory (2+1) installed. You'll only need to buy a memory stick of 2Gb.

You'll find the memory information with HWINFO64 portable version (no installation).

You also have a PSU of 250W. A tool to determinate a PSU Enermax Power Supply Calcultor.

France
  • sheriff12

Thanks! theHWiNFO64 is superior to speccy. But will I have to upgrade my PSU if I make my unit 4GB's? And if so, how much?

• Spartan1

Tinkerer

No, you shouldn't need to upgrade your PSU.  The amount of current used by adding extra RAM will be negligible.

• Hello sheriff12,

I'm in the wrong topic. Sorry. I confirm you don't need to change the PSU.

France