I have an eMachine 1360G desktop. (not enough disk space for temporary files)

Options
jamb046
jamb046 Member Posts: 1 New User

I sure hope someone can help me.  I have an eMachine 1360G desktop.  I had Windows 7 on it and everything worked fine.  Then Windows 10 did an automatic installation!!  After that I lost some screen colors, passwords that didn't work, but I could fix all that.  The real issue was that after a week, the hard drive DIED!!  I took it to a tech at Frys Electronics and he said that they had several older cheaper desktops that Windows 10 killed the hard drive on.  It was so corrupted that I had to buy a new hard drive.  

I had them save my documents and photos and music on a thumb drive.  Well Windows 10 was installed on the new 1 TB drive and all my backups were saved.  However, now I had NO SOUND.  I tried all the things on the internet but nothing worked.  

I talked to MyAnswer and paid them $70 to help me.  Their answer was that since the Acer/eMachines Windows 7 OS was not on the new hard drive there would never be any sound.  Their answer was to buy the Windows 7 OS for my SNID and install that on the new hard drive and get rid of Windows 10.  So I bought the $20 CDs from Acer.  

But after installing the first CD (System Disc), it tells me to put in Disc 1 of 3 Recovery Disc.  I do that and get this message "There is insufficient space on the disk for the temporary files required for this operation."  I deleted everything I could off the new hard drive just leaving the Windows 10 OS and it still throws this same error message no matter which options I choose.

How can I get rid of Windows 10 and get back to the Windows 7 that my desktop came with?  I am so frustrated.  (One friend said to buy a new hard drive and try to do the Windows 7 CD installs from that.  Is that what I have to do?)  

Pleae someone help me.  Thank you

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

You can revert within one month of getting Windows 10, but I doubt it's worth it. But to solve your first problem with the "Temporary files", please send me a snapshot of the issue that pops up. Also, do not pay anyone to fix your problem, always use us first, then find a LOCAL computer shop to help. For the sound issue, if your model # is EL1360G, try downloading the audio driver here: http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/emachines/laptops-desktops/el1360g/1772