Gateway NE-512 Celeron N2840 memory upgrade possible??

Options
hroldan
hroldan Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi I'm very confused with Gateway Laptop NE512, 2G ram, Celeron N2840. I want to add extra ram but can't find the slot on the laptop and can't find any info on the web regarding this model except the official page, and has no info about this. Details about the laptop:

• Has not battery options for removal
  • No panel access for RAM

So I had to open it removing the screws, this is what I found:

• No visible extra ram slot
  • In fact no visible ram slot at all, does it has limited integrated ram?
  • The battery is wired, no easy option for removal or replacement
  • No DVD/CD unit, just a plastic

I was able to see the motherboard side inside but no ram slots, didn't dare to remove the screws of the mother board to check on the other side. Been searching the web but can't find any info about this, all I know is this Gateway Laptop is in fact an Acer computer. Will appreciate any help to find out if adding ram is possible at all, it's wonderful machine.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi hroldan,

Unfortunately, the RAM is not something Acer would consider to be User Replaceable. From the looks of it, it would require complete dissassembly and the RAM slot would be on the bottom side of the mainboard.

The mainboard has 1 RAM slot that will support upto 8GB of RAM DDR3L.

Cory

• hroldan
    hroldan Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thanks Cory, so then I was one step away on reaching the ram slot, it looked difficult, didn't see the soldering pins on the visible side. By any chance do you have idea on links to specific documentation on this model? I had diff laptops and found them but not for this laptop.

Thanks in advance.