Gateway MD7811u laptop won't turn on and battery light flashes 9 times

CurtisB
CurtisB Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a Gateway MD7811u laptop that is not turning on. When I push the power button the power button light comes on for a moment along with the bluetooth and wireless lights and then turn off. No other action happens (fan, hard drive or screen). When the battery is in and the power cord is plugged in the battery light flashes orange 9 time before turning solid (diagnostic flash?) I have tried without the battery in and it still did not turn on. I also removed the battery and the cord and held the power button for 20 seconds and tried again with no luck. I opened it up and re-seated the ran and checked if anything was loose, but that did not help. I unplugged the cmos battery, tried to start it and the plugged the battery back in again with same results.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Sorry, but I don't have any suggestions for fixing this that I can provide online. My only suggestion would be to contact the nearest service center to see if there are repair options for this system. I suspect mainboard failure, but it is hard to tell with out runing diagnostic tests in our depot.