Emachine-getting online with a Version Jetpack

Options
loring321
loring321 Member Posts: 4 New User

I got ahold of an emachine W3052 (XP) computer. I currently use a Verizon JETPACK to connect my laptop to the internet. I want to get the emachine on line with the same pack. The computer is equipped with a NETGEAR WG311v3 PC wireless adapter card. The computer sees both the Netgear card and the Jetpack, but I cannot get them talking together! Can somebody tell me how to set this system up? I was once at a point where the identification key was displayed, but now I can't find it again. How do I find this key? 

Can anybody help me?

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

I am not sure if your asking for the NETWORK KEY as in Password... If that is the case you can find it in 2 ways that I can think of. one while on your laptop that you already use to access the internet with  the JetPack, you could look under your settings for the adaptor and click on the thing that ask for password to toggle on *SHOW* password. Another way is on your Jetpack if it is one that I am thinking it may be. The Power button is the Menu button and if you press that I think 3 times it should give you the password for the unit. I could be wrong but I think it displays the SSID and then the Password. Once that is known, You should be able to bring up the connection area for your Wireless on your emachine and it should ask for a Password then you enter the password... 

I do know that I have a Network Card that is for Wireless that I can't use on just any system. Becasue the system needs to be set a just the right way for that card to work. I can set up my router to work OPEN without a password and it will connect just fine. But if it needs a Password it will not allow my password type. So for that system I have my Router set up with a Guest Network without a Passcode only turn it on if I need it. Most times I don't use that system seeing it is older and outdated.... That could be the issue as well.... 

James