DX4870-UB318 OEM Folder

norvell84
norvell84 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I bought my DX4870-UB318 with windows 8.1, made sure to uswe Gateways program to backk up my apps and drivers to a DVD and on a USB.
Microsoft 8.1 did not like my games and I had just bought a WIndows 8 Pro from microsoft, so I decided to reinstall WIndows 8 using my fresh DVD, Everything works except the drivers for my Realtech Card reader, I have tried the drivers at gateway which have been updated and they don't work either, I even tried the drivers for 8 instead fo the factory default 8.1..... NOTHING fixes it, I put my SD card into the slot and nothing happens at all.

I was going to do a OEM reinstall, but the folder is empty. So I decided to just go ahead and repair it or maybe reset it, but now it is tellign me my recovery partition is gone!!!

Is their a CD I can buy for my specific desktop or maybe a download for the factory OEM folder for my specific desktop?

Answers

• norvell84
    norvell84 Member Posts: 9 New User

Those drivers do not work either. IT was working find then after 2 months of just sitting as I was gone the only thing that stopped working is it. I had it unplugged and sitting on a table in a back room I use for storage that is temperature controlled and only has 1 monitor and 2 computers at the moment...
    I am nto sure what is going on.

Just in case:
    Windows 8 x64
    8gb DDR3 Memory
    GTX 1060 Ti sc  4gb (no overclocking of any kind)
    i5-3330  3.0 GHz
    Multi-in-1 media card reader
    replaced power supply with 700b watt - 80plus bronze

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you don't have yellow exclamation mark on device manager, you don't need to uninstall drivers.

by the way, i find pretty strange that Realtek drivers are not working either.

I'm not an Acer employee.