DX4860--Windows 10 need bios

sirbum69
sirbum69 Member Posts: 4 New User

i have the computer listed in the title and the current bios that i am on is

P01-A2 dated 4/7/2011

i updated to windows 10 and i seem to have no issues but i recently upgraded to a new video card and for some reason it doesnt wake out of sleep correctly. The video card manufacturer wanted me to update the bios if i could.

i see there are some bios updates out there but, it doesnt give me the option to pick windows 10 as my operating system and the uefi driver says for windows 8(not upgraded)

I am sure there has to be a bios update out there for my system. Can someone tell me which one i should use please.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i think you have the latest BIOS for your system.

you can only update using P01-xx BIOS and there are none listed.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

I know this is a Month old post. However incase others with the same issue that come looking for help. I thought i would add, that sadly this model isn't Windows 10 supported. I am not saying that it won't run Windows 10. I am just saying that the drivers to do so isn't made for Windows 10. I have a few computers that are not Windows 10 Supported and that do run Windows 10. However I know they are limited to things that don't tax the Graphics seeing it is mainlly the lack of Support the the GMA graphics from Intel. So I can keep it to Shopping online or checking email on the Road. 

But if I wanted to play a game or something that wants a good Graphics Driver the system will fail. 

In the DX models there are only 2 that are support in Windows 10. That is the DX 4375 and DX 4380......