Topic

Visitor
redflash

Re: eMachines class action web site

I ordered an Gateway SX2370 from this site( Secondipity), when it arrived we hooked it up, and buzz/click.....nothing.  It seemed as thought the video card was damaged ( integral with the motherboard.)  could NOT get the monitor to register anything.   So I got return authorization from secondipity and shipped it out.  They replaced it with another identical gateway sx2370.  The box was in better shape, and like many of you there was NO owners literature/manual.

I plugged everything in..........exactly the same..monitor would blink with the resolution info, then turn off into sleep mode ( green light went out, amber light came on.  Changing cables, kicking the left side, cussing, nothing worked.  I called tech in town, and he said " video card's no good".....

I call secondipity and say hey kids this ones no good either.   They responded with "what would you like to do?"

They told me I could go back to the e-machine site and relace with any units currently on the site, so I chose

the acer G1620  T#-600 unit.  I wonder if this one is broken also, we'll find out next week.

I am starting to believe that this company has a warehouse full of defective and used units that came from "questionable" batches.   And they just keep sending them out to you....you send it back and they ship it to me,

I send it back, and they send it to her.......just a round robin of junk until we give up, say "NEVER MIND"

and go to Best buy and just pay $350 and buy something that some one will stand behind.......

I'll let you know if the ACER works any better than the 2 gateways.

Visitor
redflash

Well Secondipty sent me the 3rd machine, also a gateway sx2370......no tape on the box, no literature, computer doesn't work.   Third one........bad video card again, so I sent a stinging letter of anger and dissapointment.  I talked to some one this morning, they just can't understand, it's all so confusing to them.  They will have Vicki call me and provide a solution !!!!! Hey I'm retired, I can play this game longer than them.  Acer/Gateway, your not making friends!!!!!

Visitor
Beebop

Will a Dell VGA monitor work with the Acer Celeron G1620 2.7GHz Desktop PC |AT3-600-UR33 ?
Visitor
jarheadpa

Hi everyone... did you read what I thought I saw that it is a NEW Acer Aspire T3-600-UR33?? That is with Celeron G1620 @ 2.7 Ghz.

I tried to check Acer website to find out more about the specs, like how much memory is capable, etc etc. The serial number or the SNID indicates that it's an invalid number. I writing to Customer Service (?) they also said that it was invalid. I replied with purchase date, order number, etc, and that it was on eMachines Class Action settlement.

She wrote back saying that all the machines on that site are REFURBISHED machines. As I remember, I saw both refurbs and new machines.

Am I going crazy, or did you see the same thing?

Contributing Member
Keith932

Hi Everyone I am new to this site as well, I just received my new AT3-600 UR33 it all looked nice.

It runs ok , I installed a new  fan on the back of the case to aid in cooling  But I attempted to install a external Graphics card and ran into some problems. I attempted to install 3 different cards with all of the same problems No Video.  A NVIDIA GT-210 , Nvidia GT-610 and a older Radeon 512mb PCIE card.. I went thru the BIOS setup which was not much help in finding a Primary Graphics setting to the PCIEx16 slot...Has anybody ran into this and what was the solution ??  I contacted ACER support in which they said for me to return the computer to the repair center located in Texas.

Regular Visitor
barrie3223

Can anyone please tell me if any of the Acer Aspire T3-600-UR33 USB ports are 3.0?

Thanks!

Contributing Member
rebrands

Mine has two 3.0, and two 2.0 USB ports on the front, and six 2.0 ports on the rear.

Visitor
judgeguns

I am thinking about getting the 

Acer Celeron G1620 2.7GHz Desktop PC |AT3-600-UR33

will this desktop accept a video card?   would like to use  a  7750   :smileyhappy:

If so i am going to order that one !  Please reply  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Visitor
barrie3223

[ Edited ]

Hello rebrands,

Have you managed to add a second SATA hard drive to your AT3-600-UR33 yet? Any advice on doing so would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Contributing Member
rebrands

As yet I have not been able to get it to recognize the additional SATA hard drive.  I would try to use the BIOS to force it, but I can't seem to get to the BIOS, Win 8 doesn't give you the chance to hit the delete key during startup.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: