Topic

Contributing Member
rebrands

eMachines class action web site

Hello, I'm new to the site.  Due to my newness I somehow originally posted this to the Software forum, so I'm trying again.

I am looking for some knowledge regarding the eMachines class action settlement.  I have sent for and received the certificate and am now considering which computer being offered is the one for me.  Here's the rub.  On the class action redemption site, (http://www.emachinesredeem.com/Acer-Celeron-2-7GHz-Desktop-AT3-600-UR33/dp/B00FKZ3XSG?field_availabi...), the unit I'm considering, the Acer AT3-600-UR33, many of the specified things, such as video memory and available expansion slots are shown as "not available".  Does this mean that these things are not available, or that the information is not available?  I've checked the specs on-line, but I'm concerned that the unit offered on the site isn't exactly the same as the ones I've examined on-line.   The site says the graphics is on board, but the research I've done indicates that there is a separate graphics card in this computer.   Specifically, I want to know if I can run two monitors from this computer, or add a video card to run a second monitor.  Thanks in advance for your help.

jeffrobinson

Re: eMachines class action web site

Howdy rebrand, I too am in the same boat. I did quite a bit of searching today and all I can find is that this unit appears to be more commonly referred to as an Acer Aspire T3-600. Seems that the processor is different here though. The consumer retail market is selling these with the Intel i3 processor. Cnet gave a very positive review for the i5 equiped model. Beyoud that, I have nothing. Except the Celeron G1620 used here is pretty well liked. I responded to to my "welcome to the family" email from the Acer rep who's name was on the bottom, but likelyhood of further correspondence is unknown. If you find anything on this unit, please post it. I bit the bullet and ordered this unit, so I may be able to shed some light on the subject in 8-10 days. jeffrobinson

jeffrobinson

Contributing Member
rebrands

Hello, jeffrobinson.  Thank you for the link, it provided precisely the info I was looking for, specifically, expansion bays and expansion slots.  I have a card that will allow me to run a second monitor if the installed graphics card won't provide for it.  I will order it asap.  I've read some squawks about the class action settlement, but what's to complain about if it's free.  I don't do any gaming or need high power, so this will do nicely for me.

jeffrobinson

Well, I picked up my AT3-600-UR33 from UPS today, but have yet to open the box. I was hoping to add this to my entertainment center as a home theater pc. I have a 720p BenQ projector that can display "pc 3D". I dont know much about any of that, but apparently nVidia 3D vision is how its done. I hope to find out how much, or how little video card is needed, and how much card this pc will handle. I wish you luck, brother. I could scan and post any literature thats in the box if that would help ya.

jeffrobinson

Tore open the box, well packaged, but not one piece of model specific literature...sigh..

Contributing Member
rebrands

Mine is still enroute, should arrive in a couple of weeks.  Yeah, all the manuals are probably (hopefully) in electronic form on the machine somewhere, or on-line.

Visitor
brycebarnes1

Can you please tell me if these pc has hmdi or bluetooth i am looking at the

Acer Celeron G1620 2.7GHz Desktop PC |AT3-600-UR33

and i cant seem to find this pc anywhere on the net and it does not tell you in the description any help on the specs would hellp me every much i cant deside if i am going to go with this pc or the 2.2 ghz dell..  thank you BRYCE

jeffrobinson

It does have hdmi, but i dont know about bluetooth yet.

Contributing Member
rebrands

I received my Acer AT3-600-UR33 last week and here is what I have to report so far.  It does have HDMI and Bluetooth, 4GB RAM, wireless LAN is built-in.  I was hoping to transfer some accessories from my old PC to this one, but have been unsuccessful.  I wanted to be able to run two monitors, I was using an expansion card in the old PC to do this.  The Acer will run two monitors, but one has to be HDMI.  My expansion card will not work in the Acer, it's a different slot type.  Also, I wanted to use two RAM sticks from the old one, again, different slots, won't work.  Lastly, I tried to put in an additional SATA hard drive and the Acer would not recognize it at all.  Operator error?  Don't know yet.  The motherboard will accept only SATA hard drives, no IDE.  Also, the learning curve going from XP, I hate change, to Win 8 is pretty steep.  Otherwise it seems ok to me, it's very quiet.  My demands are pretty low though, e-mail, photos, genealory, no gaming or high power stuff.  But who can complain with the price?

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: