warranty troubleExtensa 2509

bela
bela Member Posts: 4 New User

S/N: [edited for privacy]   Acer RA number: 10397126G

notebook won't boot: NO BOOTMEDIA

no dos-based DFT programs could register any harddisk. Boot up on portable win10, run DFT, SMART has been tripped, overheating. Evrything , but the harddisk was 100% working. The reseller shipped it for repair, no warranty: "notebook dammaged by external influence"

Here is what Acer says is wrong, and need to be changed:

KH.5001.046   HDD.7mm.5K4.500GBsataIII.16MB       Thats allrigth, since it was fille with defect sectors

NK.I1713.05V  KEYBD.104K.BLACK.NORDIC                NO WAY was working fine

NB.MNY11.001 MAIN BD.E5-511.W/CPU.UMA.N284     NO WAY was working fine

60.ML9N2.002 COWER.LOWER                                   NO WAY was working fine

all for a price, almost the same as for a new one. The shop that send it to Acer, even wanted money for time used, I refused to pay. So, took the notebook home, and to my suprise: keyboard wasnt working. Boot up from portable win10, a lot of errors, restarting and other **bleep**. Disassembled it:::: WOOW!!! one cable was not proberly connected to MB, the keyboard wasnt connected at all. Fixed that, put in a new HD, its up and running fine

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

How do you know the "shop" really sent it to Acer?

• bela
    bela Member Posts: 4 New User

the repport papers (with the "needed spareparts" and price) are from Acer Ahrensburg Germany, and belive or not, with a nice Quality Control Passed stamp. I also postet the RA number.