I can't duplicate my screen at full size when connected via HDMI - is this a hardware limitation?

Options
topcat374
topcat374 Member Posts: 2 New User

To avoid duplication, I have already started a thread with the details about this on this Microsoft Forum

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-desktop/duplicate-display-issue-in-81/cb7752ef-650f-4ef2-b887-0e6218799cb6?auth=1

but this has led nowhere so far.  Any help very gratefully received!

Thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

when you duplicate, windows choose the highest resolution available on the lowest resolution monitor.

so:

1) projector 1280x1024

2) laptop monitor 1024x768

windows will choose 1024x768 since you are duplicating and you can't set it in another way.

if you can't scale the resolution on the probably, probably it's an Intel VGA hardware/software limitation.

it's worth a try using the generic Intel VGA drivers but you must uninstall the Acer/Intel VGA drivers first or you will encounter the message you mentioned on the thread.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • topcat374
    topcat374 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

ah thanks for this reply - can you explain to me how come the extended view is showing full size then please?  That's one of the things that's puzzling me!

We sometimes use a different ACER laptop which does allow for the duplicate screen to be displayed at full size rather than centred...I assume that the other laptop just as a more capable graphics card then does it?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

extended view is a sum of resolutions, only one thing will be displayed.

duplicate is the same content displayed on 2 screens.

about the other Acer, i can't comment, since i don't know the model.

please post both Acer model number, so we can double check every settings.

EDIT: i don't know if this can be applied to your specific model but Intel fixed the center issue on this drivers:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/75690

I'm not an Acer employee.