windows 10 webcam does not work with native win10 camer app nor with firefox.

Options
canadaperson
canadaperson Member Posts: 2 New User

Before starting,  it was a nightmare to sign up and link a user name with your email, or god forbid allow you to use your email adress  as a user ID ...no that would make too much sense. My question is,   I bought (regretablly) , an Aspire E15 ( model number E5-532-P86k ). I have the following issues:

1. My webcam does not work with the Windows 10 (native) camera app .

2. My webcam does not work with FIrefox Hello.

3. I tried to go to device manager and install the driver utility for my webcam, yet, cannot find any specification for the hardwware thus I can't find the driver itself, from a reliable source (lol)  ,like Acer. I don't know what to do to get my  webcam to work.  I saw a video that suggested installing legacy hardware from teh device manger menu that din't help. Any suggestions appreciated.

PS: extra question if anyone is interested in answering, I bought my Acer because it had a sticker on it saying MU-MIMO wireless speed (meaning 802.11AC).  Little did I know that they are going to pull a fast one on me  by putting a mu-mimo with a 1x1 radio antennae -implying that its slower than some 802.11N wifi adapters !  ( the e5-532-p86k has a  crappy qualcomm qca9377 - with an underwhelming 1x1 radio).  -- Has anyone had luck changing the wifi radio for an intel 700 or 800 serines internal wifi radio? Thanks.

Answers

• canadaperson
    canadaperson Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Ironically, my webcam works with ubuntu ?   Perhaps this is windows driver issue, if someone can possibly tell me the name of the webcam, and model , I cna find a windwos driver for it on the web?

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

It is a driver issue.

Try this driver from Lenovo and see if it works. You can always uninstall it.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds032431

• MattmanCDN
    MattmanCDN Member Posts: 108

Tinkerer

Options

Since version 44 of firefox video calls wont work have not looked into why, goes back to february if not mistaken  , just swithched to fastpeak slimjet browser and all is good on that . Win 10 and drivers like posted above are most likely the culprit .

Matt

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

That's probably it, just switch to fastpeak slimjet browser and your camera will work.

• MattmanCDN
    MattmanCDN Member Posts: 108

Tinkerer

Options

Dr Phil you so well spoken !! Smiley Tongue