touchpad in heating and not working

Options
shiv863
shiv863 Member Posts: 3 New User

I upgraded my E5-511 laptop's HDD to 1 TB and install windows 8 in UFEI . After installation i notice that my touch pad in not working and it gets really hot right at where IC is . I tried installing driver 

1 NB chipset

2 I/O driver 

3 touchpad driver

still no use. it still getting even hotter as long as my laptop in on.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Your touchpad is not a ELAN or Synaptics. It is a Microsoft Precision touchpad. You can verify this.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/touchpad

Uninstall the Synaptic and/or Elan  touchpad drivers in Control Panel/ Programs and Features.

How hot is it getting? Hot enough to burn your skin?

After you uninstall the drivers and try it out as Precision touchpad, let me know if it's still getting hot.

• shiv863
    Options

yes it get really hot . Can't touch more then 1sec .

I hvae tried to repair on local laptop repair shop. But they're unable to fix it.

And as for drivers , even without any driver is installed it still getting hot . It get hot as soon as laptop is turned on.

• philetus
    Options

The touchpad should never get that got. Something is very wrong with it. If you're still in warranty, you should contact Acer for repair. If not in warranty you should replace the touchpad. If the new one gets hot, you have a problem with the motherboard.

• shiv863
    Options

after researching while, I found that in  Device Manager, Properties for the  12c-HID device (showing a ? query).

I think that is for touchpad. For that I must upgrade bios . but don't know how?

• philetus
    Options

Do you know what bios version you have? Type Systen in Windows search. select Ststem Information and look at Bios version/date. This is the newest Bios.

BIOSAcerResolves Win10 brightness issue1.109.8 MB2015/10/01Download

Download it and extract it to a New Folder on your desktop. 

Make sure you are plugged in and the battery is charged. Click the folder and double click the bios.

Don't do anything unless told to.

• Ap2099
    Ap2099 Member Posts: 35 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hello,

All of the suguestings that you are receiving are great and all. But it is simple, THEIR IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE COMPUTER. Something getting hot like you say is not normal at all. It should get warm but nothing more. You are runing the risk of fire or harm to your self.

If you are under your warnaty send it back for repair, as soon you can, and if cant send it back for any reason, then you should consider getting another computer. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this, but take action before its to late.