reload OS from bad HD

Shadowsedge
Shadowsedge Member Posts: 1 New User

Years ago, I bought an acer aspire E1-571.  I made a recovery key but lost it when I moved to a different state.  3 weeks ago I backed up my data and used acer recovery to reload windows 8.  It went fine but when I tried to make another acer recovery key, it stopped at about 99%.  So I left it, went to work and came back and it was froze.  So I shut the computer down, removed the key and planned to start again on the weekend.  When I tried to start it up, I found out the hard drive went bad.  The laptop is out of warranty so I purchased a new hard drive. 

Next I came here expecting to get a copy of the OS and drivers.  Drivers yes, os no.  But I found it at microsoft.  But what I would like to know is:

Where can I get a copy of the acer recovery so I can put it on the new hard drive I just purchased from new egg?

I do not want to have to purchase a media set, like they require you to do at HP.  Is there a place to download it here?  I have searched and found the drivers page but not a copy of of the recovery so It will be just like I purchased it.  

Answers

• You can't "download" a recovery. Is the HDD DEAD or can you read it if you connect it to another computer with usb?