notebook shutting down around 40%

Options
krnkrsadula
krnkrsadula Member Posts: 2 New User

i have a strange problem with my notebook. it is shutting down when reaches 40% and if you try to turn on then it says critically low battery and after connecting power adapter it is charging from 0%. 

Answers

• philetus
    Options

From what you posted, it sounds like the battery was dead. Does it start and boot all the way up with the power supply connected? If not, you probably need a new power supply.

Does it show that the battery is charging up? If not you may need a new battery.

• krnkrsadula
    krnkrsadula Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

battery is not dead . it is charging properly and while discharging when it reaches 40% system shutting down with critcal low battery  

• philetus
    Options

I've never had this problem so, I have no hands on experience with it.

I would suspect the battery if I did experience it.

Run a battery report

http://www.howtogeek.com/217010/how-to-generate-a-battery-health-report-on-windows-8-or-windows-10/

If there is a big difference between the Design Capacity and the Full Charge Capacity, you probably need a new battery.

Shut down, unplug and remove battery, Hold power button down for 30 seconds and start up on Power cord.

If you have a built-in battery,

Shut down, unplug, turn laptop over and find the tiny battery reset hole in the bottom, press into the hole gently until you feel a faint click and hold for 5 seconds. May help, may not.