hi everyone. I,m Bengt from sweden. Can,t connect wifi printer epson to my aspire m1.

Options
BengHa
BengHa Member Posts: 4 New User

hi everyone. I,m Bengt from sweden. Cant connect wifi printer epson to my aspire m1. Tried drivers from every possible site, epson, windowsupdate, and more with no success. can you help me?

Best Answer

• BengHa
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Great! It may be an hardware error in the printer! I will usb it for now. Maybe by a new printer later! Best regards
    Bengt
    Thanks for a fast and good support!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,287 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Go to Settings, Network and Internet, Wi-Fi, click Manage known networks and look for any of your neighbours' network shown(strange unknown), click them and select forget, HTH.

Capture.JPG

• BengHa
    Options

Great Brummyfan! Followed your intelligent advice but the printer still not works. Maybe it still tries to print by usb? Maybe resetting printer or upgrading firmware? What do You think?

Happy to have somone as helpful as You. I´m going to see if theres a firmware upgrade available to my printer, all driver updates doesn`t work.

Best Regards

Bengt

living in the northern part of sweden, in a town called Umeå

[inappropriate content removed]

• brummyfan2
    Options

I don't think you need to meddle with firmware, if your Printer shows up in Control panel, remove the drivers you have installed in Device Manager, disconnect the Printer and start afresh.

After uninstalling the drivers, removed Printer from Programs(Control Panel), try connecting Printer with Ethernet cable, take a test print to confirm the functinality of Printer, start installing the driver from the disc provided for Printer or get the drivers from manufacturer, try different drivers, for example you can try Win 8/8.1 drivers as well for the Printer, it's a trial and error method as there's no certain fix for these difficulties Smiley Sad

• BengHa
    Options

Great Brummyfan! Tried all of this except trying older drivers!

This is an intreeging and interesting problem..

I`ve had my own computer technichian firm a few years ago, and have never stumbled at something as hardboiled as this.. Where are You living? Thanks for your clever suggestions!

Spoiler

Best regards

Bengt

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi BengHa,

You are welcome, I am from UK, Windows 10 is not ready for other utilities and the drivers provided by the OS are very minimalistic, they sometimes work but most of the time break the functionality, saying that it's a very good OS.

• BengHa
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Great! It may be an hardware error in the printer! I will usb it for now. Maybe by a new printer later! Best regards
    Bengt
    Thanks for a fast and good support!