es1 411 c1wd

Options
PatAl
PatAl Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi there, I got this laptop last year to do basic computing, bit of email, word/excel, web...very basic use.  I really only used it once a fortnight for invoicing but as that has increased I havenoticed how slow it is and wondered if it is expected from this model or is there something wroing with it.

It is standard model, so only 2GB RAM.  I have Windows 10 running on it.

It is very slow on start up, it can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes for the system updates.  Opening an app takes minutes, if it opens at all.  Sometimes the wheel spins for a while then stops altogether and I have to hit it again.  Word is so tedious.  When saving a document it prompts me to name doc, then after hitting save I have to repeat the process. 

It is forever saying "not responding", pretty much every time I do something - open a new doc, save, open a new tab on firefox or chrome.

Battery lasts about 4 hours and it doesnt warn you that it is about to run out, it just turns off. 

It seems odd that a computer would be released that cant do basic functions.  I know it is a basic model but you would expect it to at least be able to open docs, light web use and some email without it being a drawn out drama every time. It is like I have time travelled back to 1996.  It is sooooo slooooooow.

So, my questions are:  is this expected performance for this model?  Will 8GB RAM improve it so that it isnt so slow?  OR is it just inherent in this model to be a bit ***** whatever the RAM?

I dont want to edit HD movies, I just want to make a few word docs and email them without it being a frustrating hour of perseverence. 

Answers