e5 575G wifi unstable

Options
x0040h
x0040h Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello, just bought new E5 laptop with Asus linux on board. Setup ubuntu and was able to find drivers for WIFI card in internet. But problem comes 10 minutes after when network just "freeze" - I was not able to load any page or resource, but same time ping in terminal remains stable and with minimal latency. Mac and my phone was connected to same network and work ok. After ~30 minutes networks start works with not reason, but then 10 or 15 minutes later everything freeze again. Any suggestions? Any official linux drivers from Acer?

Answers

• philetus
    Options

Where/who did you buy an Acer laptop with Asus? linux installed.

You would have better luck finding the answer here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ubuntu+forums&oq=ubuntu+forums&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.8321j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• x0040h
    Options
    Linpus Linux, sorry, my bad. Personally I bought it from local reseller, but as far as I can see you can buy it on Amazon and this option does exist on Acer web site
    http://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/model/NX.MW2SI.015.
    So you saying acer don't care and will not gonna support linux at all, are you?
  • philetus
    Options

The laptop you referenced, NX.MW2SI.015, is a E5-573-54X8. Also, the Linux it comes with is Linpus, not Ubuntu.

No, I am not saying Acer "don't care and will not gonna support linux at all".

I am saying Acer supports laptops they sell. Hardware support 100%. Software support for the operating system is limited to drivers modified by the Acer software engineers. Anything else with Windows and Lynux is to be directed to the volunteers and any Acer Employees that happen to be reading the forums first and Microsoft and the Lynux developers and community.

I will see if I can get a difinitive answer on Linux for you.

In the meantime, If you are running Ubuntu, try Ubuntu forums.

Maybe this will give you an idea.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/715037/no-wifi-on-acer-aspire-e5-573-on-any-linux-platform

• x0040h
    Options

Thank you for your answer. For sure I continue to check ubuntu forum. I also have idea to restore original Linpus OS from repair sector and try to backup that drivers. As far as I understand drivers are core level, so it could be a chance to use original acer drivers if ubuntu has same core version.

• philetus
    Options

I used to run Ubuntu from 4.10 to 10.04 (2012). Forgot most of it by now, but I never failed to find a solution to any hardware problem. Someone or some linux site should have the answer for you on the wifi.

• x0040h
    Options

I was able to found drivers which seems to work in general, but these freezes is looks to me very hardware related. As far as I understand other linux users don't have problems with this model of WIFI card. As far as I understand latest ubuntu have drivers included out of box, but even with latest version I still have freezes.

• philetus
    Options

Did the linux give you any other options? Other users have different hardware. You need to find the right driver for your hardware.

Another way:

The parts for the e5-575g says you can use a Intel  T3165.NGWG 

Acer part# KI.STN01.101, that seems to be an  Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165.

One on Amazon here for $12.00 so they aren't that expensive. Maybe you can find one.