dll files found in documents folder

squarepeg
squarepeg Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently found this 3 dll files in "my documents"

NTILiveUpdateV9.dll, NTIMMV9Acer.dll and NTIMMV9REGET.dll. 

mircosoft security essentials does not identify them as threats nor does Malwarebytes.

What are they and how do I get rid of them?

thanks

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Some sites say they're safe and one says they are high risk (dangerous).

Look in task manager and see if there is a NTILiveUpdateV9.dll task running. Try the other two.

If found, end the tasks. Delete the files.

If I found this, I would download AdwCleaner to the desktop. Right click on it and select Run as administrator.

Click the left button and click scan. When it's check all the tabs.I always let it clean everything and it reboots, but if you see something that you think might not be good to delete, Google it. https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

• newbie7000
    newbie7000 Member Posts: 1 New User

I also discovered these 3 .dll files in my Documents folder.  The disappointing thing is that the date on them is one day later than the manufacturing date of my laptop, so these were installed at the factory as basic softare was installed.  Unfortunately, this makes me wonder if there are other files lurking in other directories that I haven't discovered just yet.  :-(

I just bought this laptop and got all my software installed and was just starting to bring over all my files from my old laptop when I discovered these.  I checked in TaskManager and didn't see anything that needed to be killed. 

I'm also leery of using AdwCleaner... never heard of it.  Did anybody find that just deleting the .dll files was enough or is this extra step of using AdwCleaner necessary?

Thanks much!