aspire E5-575G i need to disable xhci and no advanced menu in bios ?

Options
zilot2
zilot2 Member Posts: 3 New User

hi,
we bought acer E5-575G for our company and our device has a problem to communicate with usb3 we didn't find how to downgrade usb3 to usb2 in windows 10 64bit then i wanted to disable xhci from bios and no advanced menu then i downloaded V1.12 and installed it and no booting device problem so i went to bios and changed UEFI to legacy ( seriously acer are you out of mind you give us tools to update bios and no advanced menu so we need to change UEFI !!!!!) 
how to unlock bios for advanced menu i want UEFI back and disable xhci ?

Answers

• zilot2
    Options

thanks for your reply but my usb 3.0 works fine the problem is we have a legacy device for industrial use and it works with rs232-usb adapter , you can send data from the device to pc but not the other way, we downgraded the driver usb 3.0 to usb 2.0 but no chance i need to disable xhci from bios why the bios is locked 

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

your laptop has an USB2.0 port too, it's the one in black (the blue one are USB 3.0 only).

by the way, are you sure the problem is not a missing driver for the RS232 adapter?

and...it's normal that turning on Legacy your laptop will not boot, windows 10 was installed using UEFI and can't be switched until you re-install windows 10 under Legacy but this will arise other hardware issues.

honestly, i always suggest to buy a second hand laptop at business that need to connect to old serial/parallel ports machines, maybe with windows xp too (if you don't need to connect to the web)

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • zilot2
    Options

thanks for reply, 
    i have an usb 2.0 but same problem like usb 3.0 and adapter works fine i can send data from device to pc but not the other way i just need to enable EHCI hand off or enable legacy usb from bios other people got this problem they fixed it this way