acer aspire e 15 e5-575g-55nw laggy touch pad due to bios advanced setting

dorkinator
dorkinator Member Posts: 3 New User

So i recently updraged from my old acer to this model recently. It runs very nice the only thing is that using the touch pad, the mouse pointer is very laggy. I found the issue was caused by the advanced setting in the bios, and changed it to basic. Is this the only fix for this? Now my two finger scrolling doesnt work, i did notice this laptop is a presicion touchpad so no other driver works. If there is a thread already with a solution please let me know. The ones i read suggested the Elan driver but ive tried installed, but they arent compatible drivers for this device

Answers

• dorkinator
    dorkinator Member Posts: 3 New User

guess itll be a return hahahaha

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• You could try changing few settings before contemplating return, go to settings and try switch off one of the features like two finger pinch(this worked for me), it may be different feature for you, so you need to check by switching off one by one.

Capture.JPG

• HyperBear
    HyperBear Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yeah I got to say...NOT the least impressed with this "New" laptop. Mouse Cursor/Trackpad Is just horrendous and totally unuseable, not to mention the plethora of Windows Updates after first boot has somehow made this laptop slower. Plus...just found a nice big dent just slightly above the keyboard and also my usb 2.0 port is bent and cannot use it. Almost thinking that Acer cut a few corners and "rushed" this product to market and in doing so without creating new optimised drivers for the new KabyLake CPU and also poor QA testing on the components.

I'll give them one more try when I take it in ON Monday and exchange for another brand new one. But I hope Acer releases a new updated touchpad driver, cause they desperately need to.