Windows 10 is here! Please post Win10 issues in the Windows 10 forums

Options
Cory-Acer
Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

All,

Windows 10 is here and we know people are excited to get it. We'd like to request any posts specifically about Windows 10, the upgrade or the issues you're having with the operating system, are posted in the Windows 10 forum. We're moving Windows 10 content to the Windows 10 forum to help better facilitate answers to those posts.

Please check out the Welcome to the Windows 10 forum post here: http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Welcome-to-the-Windows-10-forum-Start-here-first/td-p/366899

Cory

Answers

• ggildas
    ggildas Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

Well Acer, it looks like the roll-out is not being done alphabetically by manufaturer. Any ideas when?

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Ya, it is a slow roll out that Microsoft is doing as they can determine the volume of issues that customers are running into. It started with the beta testers. After that, anyone that went through the Get Windows 10 App and reserved their copy is on a list that is randomly selected based on what MS servers and contact centers can support. It could take a bit of time before you receive the message, I still haven't on my home PC as well.

Cory

• princealiirfan
    princealiirfan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

i am using Aspire M5-583P. After apdating to Windows 10 my brightness keys (on keyboard) are not working.

• pachallis
    pachallis Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Have an Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111m-C3CP running Windows 8.1 - the one with 2GB DDR3 memory and a 32GB eMMC SSD.

Last week got the annoucement email from Acer that Windows 10 update was available. Checked via the Windows 10 'pop-up' but it said that the update was not available yet.  It did warn that 'Factory Reset' would not be available after the upgrade, which  assumed meant that the 10GB recover partition would be deleted as part of the upgrade (finally!).

Then checked via Windows Update and it said the update was available but that it had to be run via the desktop, and not via the modern interface, so off I went excitedly.

First problem with the upgrade was that there was not enough space on the SSD hard drive for the upgrade, but as I had a 32GB USB3 drive attached I could use this instead.

Then the upgrade started - it too a fairly long time, but at the end there was Windows 10 in all it's glory and the recovery partition had actually gone.

Second problem - none of the new Windows 10 apps (tiles) appreared (such as the Store, Mail, Calendar, etc.) on the start menu. After a lot of searching, I decided to try a reboot and all the tiles appeared.

I now have a lovely Windows 10 'net book', but some questions:

1. Can I safely delete windows.old and the $Windows.-BT folder from the c: drive to regain disk space?

2. Are the recovery drives I created for Windows 8.1 now of no further use?

3. Can I create a Windows 10 recovery drive in case of problems? When I try I get a message "A problem occured while creating the recovery drive". I haven't had this problem on any of my other PCs that I've upgraded to Windows 10 - or is this what the warning meant about 'Factory Reset no longer being available'?

• ggildas
    ggildas Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

Hi,

Windows.old can be deleted if you are sure that you don't need anything from the pre-upgrade.

Your recovery drive is still there and will be 7/8/8.1 if you need to do a factory reset. Then you will have to re-upgrade to win 10. Microsoft will have noted your previous upgrade and will install without any problem.

You can do a win 10 full backup as per any.

Yours

Gil

• Tishola
    Tishola Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have an Acer E1-572, and after the update I'm unable to use the touchpad or the mouse buttons. However when I connect an external mouse it works. This is annoying as Acer doesn't seem to have any drives for the mouse for Windows 10. Are there any solutions for this (please keep it simple as I'm not familiar with computer jargon). Thank you in advanced.

Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Smiley Happy
  • pachallis
    pachallis Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for this - deleted windows.old via disk cleanup. The deletion of $Windows.-BT  will be a bit more tricky as it seems to be protected but it's only about 0.5GB so not so much of an issue, but found instructions at

thewindowsclub.com/delete-windows-bt-ws-folders-windows-10

• TheJoeGreene
    TheJoeGreene Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Will there be a display driver update for Windows 10 upgrades? I have an M5-582PT and it will not play the WatchESPN app anymore. No videos load at all.

• Fabio92
    Fabio92 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi,

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8, my touchpad works but the sensitivity is really low and I dont know how to change it. Also, the finger actions (like two finger tap and scroll and the rest) dont work. I really liked the multiple finger actions and want to get it back. Is there a way to get those function back?

Kind regards.

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

In order to make sure that your issue gets the attention it needs, we have locked this thread and ask that you post your question on a new thread in the Software category, under Windows 10 if that is your issue, or on the board appropriate to your device.