Useless with ICT. Help! Dropped E1572P onto floor. screen froze. off/on Couldnt connect to window

Fish1
Fish1 Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi,

1)Can my PC be repared & at what cost £ ?
Useless with ICT, Not backed up system (at least I don't think I did but had lots of stuff acer stuff on my desk top so may be I saved it there).

2nd Aug 2016-Dropped acer aspire E1572P 2ft onto wooden floor. Screen froze, pressed off/on button and got message "cant system repair".

Wemt on Community followed instructions now get message  C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

2)I am a bit confused now but remember pressing-
Reset PC.
then got a message Windows Drive is locked.
X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe.

Then I was in  a loop. it requests system media. No disks cant remember backing it up. So gave up!

3) back on today 10th Aug- pressed  On, got acer logo  for 15 mins, then  a message Preparing Automatic Repair for 30 mins, then the circular spinning icon appeared for 10mins then nothing for 3hrs and counting..., just a highpitch tinnie noise every 20 mins or so.

Please can anyone advice?

Thanks

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer

You could check for any loose connections by opening up the laptop, take out the HDD and look for any physical damage, take out the memory sticks and replace them after inspecting, check the Wi-Fi card connection as well, check the LCD cable as well, if you couldn't find any damage take it to a technician and ask for a quotation for a repair.

• Fish1

Thanks.

I followed your instruction then left it for a while. I started the computer with the on/off button, the acer logo appeared for 10 min's then a message appeared Preparing Auto Repair and this was on for an hour ( but no busy fill icon, usually a flat circular spinning icon ) then the screen turned blue with an error code Oxc0000001 and a message further down the screen in the form of a list as shown below. However the list was not on for long sbefore it turned its self off  so I can't be sure of the exact list of information and I am not sure if I could get the same back again.

Recovery Tools

Contact PC Administrator

Enter

F8 Start

ESC for EUFI

Who is the PC Administrator- Is this acer? I am useless with ICT!

Thanks again.

• Fish1

Please can anyone advise?

On 2nd Aug 2016, I dropped the computer and now it won't do a system repair. I am not very ICT literate and am not sure if I backed anything to pen drive when first operating the computer from new in 2014. I do recall having lots of important icons on my desktop in a file therefore I might have saved a back-up on my desktop but I am unsure. it came witn Windows 8 but straight to Windows 8.1 on the first start-up.  This year I successfuly upgraded to Windows 10. My problems are:

1) when I I dropped it the screen froze so I pressed the on/off button for five seconds and it went into Repair Mode but didn't succeed, justI gave a message something like "Could not connect to windows"

I used another laptop and followed advice of this Community, but I'm  all muddled up in a loop, therefore I left it off for a week after making a note of what I did which entailed-  Alt F10, Reset PC,Insert Windows Installation or Recovery Media to Continue, however  I don't know what this means.

I left the computer on for 3hrs then got another message "The drive where Windows is installed is locked Unlock the drive and try again"  I don't know what this means either. I turned it off.

2) 2 days later I turned it on again and another message appeared " Diagnosing Problems" then "start up Repair could not repair your PC" Log file C:\ WINDOWS\ System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Reset PC , Highlighted Keep my Files, but got a amessage " The drive where Windows is installed is locked. unlock the drive and try again"

AdministratorX:\windows\ystem32\cmd.exe    . I closed it down through the  fear of doing damage.

3) 'Today I started the computer with the on/off button, the acer logo appeared for 10 min's then a message appeared Preparing Auto Repair and this was on for an hour ( but no busy fill icon, usually a flat circular spinning icon ) then the screen turned blue with an error code Oxc0000001 and a message further down the screen in the form of a list as shown below. However the list was not on for long sbefore it turned itself off  therefore I can't be sure of the exact list of information and unsure if I could get the same back again it was something like

Recovery Tools

Contact PC Administrator

Enter

F8 Start

ESC for EUFI   Then turned itself off.

Who is the PC Administrator- Is this acer? I am useless with ICT!

Do I have the skills to repair this? Do I need a new laptop? 

Thanks.

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Try this solution: http://teamwindows8.com/2012/11/error-code-0xc0000001-in-winodws-8/

If that DOES NOT WORK....try connecting your hard drive to the motherboard again.

If that really doesn't work, you can try to boot data OFF of the drive by using recovery software(Such as Recuva). Or connect it externally to another computer to recover. But this DOES NOT MEAN that your hard drive may be fine, it could be corrupt.

Tell me if this persists.

P.S. I don't know what ICT literate is, do you mean IT? Standing for Information Technology?